This is why I love the Squatty Potty:
- It’s fun to say Squatty Potty.
- The platform that you put your feet on has a slight angle tilting away from you, allowing for tight calf muscles, so if you have been wearing shoes with positive heels most of your life this is a nice feature. Even a one inch heel from an athletic shoe can shorten your calf muscles and make it difficult to get into a proper squat. You can also attach the platform to slant the other way, so you have options.
- It tucks out of the way by nesting against the toilet, so if you have a small bathroom, or if you live with someone who doesn’t want to use the Squatty Potty they won’t have to be bothered with moving the stool out of the way.
- It’s sturdy.
- It places my feet a good distance apart for a natural squat. This will allow me to keep my pelvis untucked (hamstrings permitting) and the top of my femurs will press against my abdomen giving a lift and slight compression to the colon. See You Don’t Know Squat for more details on squatting. But of course, listen to your body, don’t worry about getting into the perfect squat while pooping. If you are straining to poop, your body is trying to tell you something, maybe it’s diet, lack of water, or your alignment.
- The Squatty Potty comes in two sizes, so you can choose depending on the height of your toilet and how flexible you are. There is not one size fits all squatting stool or platform on the market, but I do feel the Squatty Potty is versatile enough to give you options. You can use it as a stool or a squatting platform.
Yes, that is a mail slot next to my toilet. Convenient isn’t it?
The Giveaway Has Expired
To enter the giveaway, write (in the comment box below) a unique nickname for yourself that is as fun to say as Squatty Potty. Mine would probably be Loomy Loom or Funky Monkey. If you just want to enter the giveaway and don’t have time for this foolishness, that’s okay too. Sometimes it’s hard to be silly when you’re constipated and have hemorrhoids, so you can put anything you wish. Also, please share this post on your social media page. I will choose a winner by random number selection on March 25th, 2012. United States and Canadian residents only please.